A Segment of South Trunk Road, South Oropouche is Closed Off to Vehicular Traffic
14 Apr 2017
TEMPORARY TRAFFIC DISRUPTION:
A SEGMENT OF SOUTH TRUNK ROAD, SOUTH OROPOUCHE
IS CLOSED OFF TO VEHICULAR TRAFFIC
The Ministry of Works and Transport wishes to advise the public that the South Trunk Road has been closed off between St. Mary’s Village Main Road (North) and Oropouche Road (South) as of the afternoon of Thursday 13th April, 2017. The partial closure of the roadway is necessary to conduct repair works that was caused by a failure of a cylinder crossing.
Emergency repair works are expected to continue on Friday 14th April, 2017, in the vicinity of the South Trunk Road, South Oropouche in the vicinity of the St Mary’s Interchange
ALTERNATIVE ROUTES (See Maps below)
The public is advised to utilize the following alternative routes and comply with the following directions:
• Northbound traffic will be diverted onto Oropouche Road then left turn onto Oropouche Road Extension and left turn onto St. Mary’s Village Road and right turn onto South Trunk Road.
• Southbound traffic will be diverted onto St. Mary’s Village Road then right turn onto School Street and right turn towards Oropouche Road and then left turn towards Oropouche Road and right turn onto Oropouche Road and left turn onto South Trunk Road.
• Proceed with extreme caution and observe all directional signs and barriers.
• Follow instructions from Police Officers on site to facilitate a safe and orderly flow of traffic.
• Be aware of heavy equipment entering and exiting the site.
The Ministry of Works and Transport regrets any inconvenience caused and thanks the public for its cooperation. For further information, please visit the Ministry’s Website (www.mowt.gov.tt) or call Highways Division at 652-4671.