Legal Supplement Part B—Vol. 61, No. 7—14th January, 2022 7
LEGAL NOTICE NO. 4
REPUBLIC OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
THE MOTOR VEHICLES AND ROAD TRAFFIC ACT, CHAP. 48:50
Made by the Commissioner of Police with the consent of the Minister of Works and Transport
under section 67(1) of the Motor Vehicles and Road Traffic Act
THE TRAFFIC CONTROL (EXPERIMENTAL SCHEME) (ROUTE AREA (1) MAXI-TAXI STAND)
(BROADWAY, PORT OF SPAIN) REGULATIONS, 2022
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Traffic Control (Experimental Scheme)(Route Area (1) Maxi-Taxi Stand) (Broadway, Port of Spain) Regulations, 2022. (CITATION)
2. These Regulations commence on Monday 7th February, 2022 and expire on Friday 6th May, 2022. (COMMENCEMENT AND DURATION)
3. In these Regulations, "Route Area (I)" means the route area specified in the Fourth Schedule of the Maxi-Taxi Regulations. (INTERPRETATION CHAP. 48:53 )
4. Between the hours of 7.00 p.m. and 5.00 a.m., no more than ten maxi-taxis that ply the Route Area (1) shall park on the western side of Broadway facing north, nine metres south of Independence Square South as marked. (MAXI-TAXI STAND)
5. A driver of a maxi-taxi plying Route Area (1) shall- (ENTRY AND EXIT)
(a) enter South Quay from the eastbound lane of Wrightson Road to proceed in an easterly direction, turn left onto Broadway and proceed in a northerly direction into the maxi-taxi stand; and
(b) exit the maxi-taxi stand by turning left onto Independence Square South and proceed in a westerly direction onto Wrightson Road.
6. Between the hours of 7.00 p.m. and 5.00 a.m., a driver of a maxi-taxi plying Route Area (1) shall turn left onto- (LEFT TURN)
(a) St. Vincent Street from Independence Square South;
(b) South Quay from St. Vincent Street; and
(c) Broadway from South Quay.
7. Between the hours of 7.00 p.m. and 5.00 a.m., a driver of a maxi-taxi plying
Route Area (1) shall not enter- (NO ENTRY)
(a) Chacon Street from South Quay;
(b) Edward Street from Independence Square South;
(c) Abercromby Street from Independence Square South;
(d) South Quay from its intersection with Broadway in order to proceed in an easterly direction; and
(e) Independence Square North from Independence Square South.
8. A person who contravenes these Regulations commits a traffic violation and is liable to a fine of seven hundred and fifty dollars for the first traffic violation and to a fine of one thousand dollars for every traffic violation thereafter. ( TRAFFIC VIOLATION
9. Without prejudice to any other liability incuned by the commission of a traffic violation, vehicles found parked in contravention of these Regulations may be removed by the Police and impounded and dealt with in accordance with section 108(1)(b) of the Motor Vehicles and Road Traffic Act. (REMOVAL AND
IMPOUNDING OF VEHICLES UNLAWFULLY PARKED CHAP. 48:50)
Approved this 28th day of January 2022
Minister of Works and Transport
For further information and updates, visit www.mowt.gov.tt and official social media pages.
Download Legal Notice