The Bridge B1/70 was previously a single lane bailey bridge with no sidewalks and could accommodate a maximum capacity of 10 tonnes. As at Saturday 19th October 2019, it was transformed into a two lane reinforced concrete bridge with improved drainage and river protection, and no load limit. The Ministry of Works and Transport held a brief Ribbon Cutting Ceremony to officially open B1/70 along the Paria Main Road, Blanchisseuse.
BENEFITS OF THE PROJECT:
- It serves to improve transportation for approximately 1500 households in the Blanchisseuse Community
- It is now a two lane reinforced concrete bridge providing for a smoother flow of traffic
- It will provide greater access for tourists and locals to visit the neighbouring beaches
- There are now sidewalks for the safety of the pedestrians
- It minimise delays, road user cost and vehicle emmissions
- It includes river protection and improved drainage.