The Interisland Sea Bridge Fleet has been upgraded with two new Passenger Ferries !
The Buccoo Reef has completed its journey Home !
The Ministry of Works and Transport (MOWT) and the National Infrastructure Development Company Limited (NIDCO) on behalf of the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago (GoRTT) has delivered on its long term strategy by providing two new passenger vessels, the A.P. T. James and the Buccoo Reef.
The Specifications of the Buccoo Reef are as follows:
• 100m Aluminium Wave-Piercing Passenger Catamaran
• 1,000 passengers capacity (including crew)
• 3 hours (approximately) expected sailing time
• Vehicle Capacity: 175 truck lane metres (3.1m wide x 4.6m high); 182 cars at 4.5m length x 2.3m
• 39.5 knots travelling speed
• A ‘Maritime Dynamics’ active ride control system fitted to maximise passenger comfort.
• Custom-Designed and Built for citizens of Trinidad and Tobago
These new additions will now increase the passenger ferry fleet and the overall operating capacity of the interisland ferry service. They were designed to meet the specifications and needs of the citizens of Trinidad and Tobago to enjoy sailing between both islands