Carnival Permits/Licences


In order to obtain a Carnival Permit/Licence or a temporary permit for goods vehicles to carry persons or play music, an applicant must fill out an application form and submit a letter in the name of the registered owner of the vehicle. 

For the written application letter by the registered owner of the vehicle, the following information should be included:
  • Name/s of driver/s
  • Number of persons that will be carried
  • Areas of use (route/s)
  • Duration
  • Name of band music will be played for

In addition to the application letter, the following supporting documents are required:
  • A copy of each driver’s permit/licence.
  • Letter from Bandleader
  • Proof of insurance for the vehicle and authorised number of additional passengers
  • Inspection certificate
  • A recent certified copy (not more than three months old)
  • Fee: $90.00 for permit/licence to carry persons

This permit/licence will become null and void if the following conditions are breached:

  • The musical equipment to be used on the vehicle must not project beyond the physical perimeters of the vehicle.
  • The equipment and/or protective barriers mounted on the unit must not exceed an overall height of five (5) metres from the ground.
  • All equipment must be securely fastened to the vehicle. Where necessary guard rails must be installed to prevent accidental displacement.
  • Persons are not permitted to mount or disembark from the vehicle whilst it is in motion.
  • Do not install unauthorised lights.
  • Persons are prohibited in areas of the vehicle that are NOT designated for passenger use.
  • The number of people on the vehicle must NOT exceed the permissible amount on the approval.