REQUIREMENTS TO CHANGE THE REGISTRATION OF A MOTOR VEHICLE - VEHICLE RECLASSIFICATION
'H' TO 'P'
The steps to change the registration of a motor vehicle are as follows:
The owner of a hired car, goods vehicle or rented car who wishes to change its registration, must abide by the following steps:
- The motor vehicle must be licenced for the current year in the original class (Inspection certificate for the current period).
- Approval for the change must be sought from the Commissioner of Inland Revenue in writing if the vehicle is less than five (5) years and be accompanied by a certified copy of registration which should not be more than three (3) years old (except for rented cars)
- The vehicle must be presented to the Transport Division for inspection and the following documents must be produced:
- Purchase tax receipt from the Inland Revenue Department (except for rented cars)
- Form of approval from the Inland Revenue Department (except for rented cars)
- Certified Copy of Registration
- Completed Registration Form No. 6 *
- Completed Notification of Change Form
- Valid Certificate of Insurance
- Valid Driver’s Permit/Licence