Who Has Access to the PBR ?
In accordance with the Highways Act, Priority Bus Route permits are issued exclusively to the following:
- Public Service vehicles of the Public Transport Service Corporation (PTSC) and Government Agencies
- Police Service vehicles marked as such
- Fire Service Vehicles and Ambulances
- Vehicles authorised by the Licensing Authority under regulation 38, rule 12(4) of the Motor Vehicles and Road Traffic Regulations to use sirens and flashing roof lights to pre-empt the right of way of other vehicles based on the existence of an emergency situation
- Vehicles used for the repair or maintenance of the PBR or any service supplied by a public utility along that route
- Private vehicles displaying Permanent, Temporary, Special, or Letter Permits.
- Commercial vehicles displaying the following: PBR permit, Maxi Taxi