PTSC - Public Transportation Service Corporation
What is COVID - 19?
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID - 19) is an infectious disease caused by severe respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 v(SARS - CoV - 2). Coronaviruses like COVID - 19 are most often spread through the air by coughing or sneezing, through close personal contact (including touching and shaking hands) or through touching your nose, mouth or eyes before washing your hands.
COVID - 19 PREVENTION TIPS
* Wash - Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds. Use alcohol base hand sanitizers where soap and water is not available.
* Cover - Use tissues when you cough and dispose of them immediately, use elbow if a tissue is not available.
* Avoid - Do not touch surfaces and then your mouth, eyes or nose.
* Distance - Practise social distancing by not congregating, shaking hands, hugging etc.
* Isolate - Stay at home if you become ill and prevent the spread of the illness.
PREVENTATIVE MEASURES IMPLEMENTED TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF OUR STAFF AND COMMUTERS
* Hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed at all terminals:
* Adequate supplies of soal are available in all washroom facilities;
* Passengers are to be seated at least two rows behind drivers; PPEs have been distributed to the bus sanitizing crews and training has been conducted on the proper sanitizing of buses;
* Hand washing stations have been installed at the Port of Spain, San Fernando, Sangre Grande Chaguanas and Arima depots;
* All buses will be sanitized after every trip;
* All buses will be operated without air-condition. Windows will be opened to allow fresh air to circulate which will significantly reduce the spread of the virus;
* Tour and Charter services have been suspended until further notice;
* Gloves have been made available to Drivers and CSRs;
* Commuters who display flu-like symptoms will be discouraged from boarding our buses.
COVID - 19 Symptoms
- Shortness of Breath
- Sore throat
As a people amid this international pandemic COVID - 19 the Public Transportation Service Corporation conveys the importance of responsible behaviour and being compliant with the guidelines set forth by the Ministry of Health.