The Ministry of Works and Transport (MOWT) wishes to advise the general public that reconstruction of Bridge 3/3 along the M1 Tasker Road (also known as the M1 Ring Road), 3.5km mark – 3.8km mark, will be extended from Tuesday 25th June, 2019 to Tuesday 9th July, 2019. As a result, the bridge will be closed during the period and motorists will experience a temporary traffic disruption on the M1 Tasker Road.
Please be advised that this section of the M1 Tasker Road will be CLOSED to vehicular traffic during this period to facilitate the timely completion of these works.
During this period, the public is advised to be aware of the undermentioned traffic arrangements:-
• Motorists using the Tarouba Link Road, to access the M1 Tasker Road, will be directed onto the Naparima Mayaro Road or the Manahambre Road. Only local traffic will be permitted along Daisy Road.
• Motorists wishing to use the M1 Tasker Road, via the intersection of the M1 Tasker Road and the Naparima Mayaro Road, in the vicinity of the WASA Malgretoute Booster Station, will be directed to either the Naparima Mayaro Road and the Manahambre Road.
The public is advised to utilize the alternative routes and comply with the following directions:
• Proceed with extreme caution and observe all directional signs and barriers.
• Comply with instructions issued by Police Officers, where necessary, in order to facilitate a safe and orderly flow of traffic.
• Be aware of heavy equipment entering and exiting the work site.