EXTENSION OF TEMPORARY TRAFFIC DIVERSION
WIDENING OF LADY HAILES AVENUE
The Ministry of Works and Transport wishes to advise the general public of the extension of the traffic diversion for the Widening of Lady Hailes Avenue, from Todd Street to Queen Street (King’s Wharf), San Fernando to Tuesday 30th November, 2021. Works will be executed on Mondays to Saturdays during the hours of 8:00a.m. to 4:00p.m.
This has become necessary due to the recent closure of the Construction Sector and other restrictions, which severely impacted progress of works on this project.
In light of the above, motorists are advised to comply with the following:
The Ministry of Works and Transport regrets any inconvenience caused and thanks the public for its continued cooperation. For further information, please visit the Ministry of Works and Transport’s website at www.mowt.gov.tt or call the Programme for Upgrading Road Efficiency (PURE) Unit at 638-2350/675-4052.
- Proceed with caution and observe all directional signs and barriers.
- Motorists should drive at a reduced speed on approaching the work zone.
- Comply with instructions from Police Officers on site to facilitate a safe and orderly flow of traffic.
- Be aware of heavy equipment entering and exiting the site.
- Drive with caution on all milled (possibly uneven) surfaces.
Download Public Notice