The Ministry of Works and Transport wishes to advise the public that there will be a temporary traffic disruption along Southern Main Road, Teak Avenue to Rose Hill Trace, Claxton Bay (in the vicinity of Celestial Funeral Home). This disruption will take place from Sunday 17th September, 2023 from 8:00am to 8:00pm. This has become necessary to facilitate Road Rehabilitation works.
Please be advised that only local traffic would be permitted within the work zone.
Motorists heading Northbound:
- Diamond Road and Phoenix Park Road
Motorists heading Southbound:
- Cedar Hill Road and the Southern Main Road
Considering the above, motorists are advised to comply with the following: -
- Proceed with caution and observe all directional signs and barriers.
- Comply with instructions from Police Officers on site to facilitate a safe and orderly flow of traffic.
- Be aware of heavy equipment entering and exiting the site.
- Drive with caution on all milled (possibly uneven) surfaces.
- Drive at a reduced speed on approaching the work zone.
Download Public Notice
The Ministry of Works and Transport regrets any inconvenience caused and thanks the public for its continued cooperation. For further information, please visit the Ministry of Works and Transport’s Website (www.mowt.gov.tt) or call the PURE Unit at 638-2350 or 2256/675-4052.