The Ministry of Works and Transport wishes to advise the public that there will be a temporary traffic disruption along Wrightson Road, between Edward Street and Sackville Street, from Friday 9th October, 2020 at 9PM to Monday 12th October, 2020 at 4AM. This has become necessary in order to facilitate the installation of Cladding on the Water Taxi Pedestrian Overpass.
1. This section of Wrightson Road will be CLOSED to vehicular traffic during this period to facilitate the timely completion of works.
2. Exemptions will be made to Emergency Vehicles, Trailer Trucks and Wide Turning Trucks ONLY through the Construction Zone.
During this period, motorists are advised to utilize one of the alternative routes provided: -
1. Motorists wishing to proceed Westbound (Option 1) – It is recommended that motorists utilize the Barataria Overpass, over the Lady Young Road to your desired destination into and out from Port of Spain and environs.
2. Motorists wishing to proceed Westbound (Option 2) - Motorists can also utilize the NP Overpass along the Beetham Highway through Independence Square to your desired destination into Port of Spain and environs.
3. Motorists wishing to proceed Eastbound (Option 3) – Motorists can utilize the Maraval Parkway or Sackville Street through Independence Square and unto the NP Overpass to your desired destination.
4. (Option 4) - Motorists proceeding either Eastbound or Westbound directions can utilize any other alternative routes desired, to avoid the diversion in the vicinity of the work zone.
In light of the above, motorists are advised to comply with the following:
- Proceed with caution and observe all directional signs and barriers
- Motorists should drive at a reduced speed on approaching the work zone
- Comply with instructions from Police Officers on site to facilitate a safe and orderly flow of traffic
- Be aware of heavy equipment entering and exiting the site
The Ministry of Works and Transport regrets any inconvenience caused and thanks the public for its continued cooperation. For further information, please visit the Ministry of Works and Transport website at www.mowt.gov.tt or call the PURE Unit at 638-2350/675-4052.
Download Public Notice