The Ministry of Works and Transport wishes to advise the public that there will be a temporary traffic disruption along Independence Square (North), between Frederick Street and Piccadilly Street. This disruption will take place from Tuesday 11th April, 2023 and is expected to be completed on Saturday 15th April, 2023. This has become necessary to facilitate Road Rehabilitation works. Hours of Work: 9:00pm – 4:00am Considering the above, motorists are advised to comply with the following:
- Proceed with caution and observe all directional signs and barriers.
- Comply with instructions from Police Officers on site to facilitate a safe and orderly flow of traffic
- Be aware of heavy equipment entering and exiting the site.
- Drive with caution on all milled (possibly uneven) surfaces.
- Drive at a reduced speed on approaching the work zone.
The Ministry of Works and Transport regrets any inconvenience caused and thanks the public for its continued cooperation. For further information, please visit the Ministry’s website (www.mowt.gov.tt) or call the Programme for Upgrading Roads Efficiency Unit at 638-2350 or 2256/675-4052.
Download Public Notice