The Ministry of Works and Transport wishes to advise the public that there will be a temporary traffic disruption between the between the Eastern Main Road and the Priority Bus Route (Temporary Diversion of South Bound Traffic). The disruption will take place from Friday 5th November, 2021 at 8:00 p.m. to April 2022. This has become necessary to facilitate Bridge Construction works.
The following alternative route is available:
- All traffic from the Lady Young and Eastern Main Road heading in a southern direction to the Priority Bus Route and to Maritime Roundabout will be diverted onto the first phase of the bridge widening.
Considering the above, motorists are advised to comply with the following:
- Proceed with caution and observe all directional signs and barriers
- Motorists should drive at a reduced speed on approaching the work zone
- Comply with instructions from Police Officers on site to facilitate a safe and orderly flow of traffic
- Be aware of heavy equipment entering and exiting the site
Download Public Notice
The Ministry of Works and Transport regrets any inconvenience caused and thanks the public for its continued cooperation. For further information, please visit the Ministry of Works and Transport’s website at www.mowt.gov.tt or call the Programme for Upgrading Road Efficiency (PURE) Unit at 638-2350/675-4052.