The Ministry of Works and Transport wishes to advise the public that there will be a temporary traffic disruption along Naparima Mayaro Road, from Garth Road to Lothianas Road. This disruption will commence on Tuesday 17th January, 2023 and is expected to be completed on Tuesday 31st January, 2023. This has become necessary to undertake Road Rehabilitation works.
Alternative Route: The alternative access route to be utilized is M1 Tasker Road. However, during the period, only local traffic would be allowed within the work zone. The hours of work are 7:00 P.M. – 4:00 A.M
Considering the above, motorists are advised to comply with the following:
- Proceed with caution and observe all directional signs and barriers.
- Comply with instructions from Police Officers on-site to facilitate a safe and orderly flow of traffic.
- Be aware of heavy equipment entering and exiting the site.
- Drive with caution on all milled (possibly uneven) surfaces.
- Motorists should drive at a reduced speed on approaching the work zone.
Download Public Notice
The Ministry of Works and Transport regrets any inconvenience caused and thanks the public for its continued cooperation. For further information, please visit the Ministry’s website at www.mowt.gov.tt or call the Programme for Upgrading Roads Efficiency Unit at 638-2350 or 2256/675-4052.