The Ministry of Works and Transport wishes to advise the public that there will be a temporary traffic disruption along Papourie Road, from Wellington Road to Lalbeharry Trace, Debe. This disruption will take place from Monday 23rd May 2022 to Saturday 18th June 2022. This has become necessary to facilitate Road Rehabilitation works.
The hours of work are as follows:
8:00 p.m. – 3:00 a.m.
Motorists are advised that traffic will be diverted from Papourie Road to Wellington Road, then unto the S.S. Erin Road to Lalbeharry Trace and back unto the Papourie Road.
Alternative access routes can also be utilized during this period.
Considering the above, motorists are advised to comply with the following:
- Proceed with caution and observe all directional signs and barriers.
- Comply with instructions from Police Officers on-site to facilitate a safe and orderly flow of traffic.
- Be aware of heavy equipment entering and exiting the site.
- Drive with caution on all milled (possibly uneven) surfaces.
- Motorists should drive at a reduced speed on approaching the work zone.
The Ministry of Works and Transport apologises for any inconvenience caused and thanks the public for its continued cooperation. For further information, please visit the Ministry’s website at www.mowt.gov.tt or call the Programme for Upgrading Roads Efficiency (PURE) Unit at 638-2350/675-4052.