The Ministry of Works and Transport wishes to advise the public that there will be a temporary traffic disruption along the South Trunk Road, between Gulf City lights to the Bamboo Roundabout, San Fernando. This is necessary in order to facilitate Road Rehabilitation works, which are expected to commence on Monday 25th October 2021 and end on Monday 20th December 2021.
The Hours of Work are as follows:
Night Works: 7:00 P.M. to 5:00 A.M.
Note: Only single-lane traffic would be permitted during this time.
Considering the above, motorists are advised to comply with the following:
- Proceed with caution and observe all directional signs and barriers.
- Comply with instructions from Police Officers on-site to facilitate a safe and orderly flow of traffic.
- Be aware of heavy equipment entering and exiting the site.
- Drive with caution on all milled (possibly uneven) surfaces.
- Motorists should drive at a reduced speed on approaching the work zone.
The Ministry of Works and Transport regrets any inconvenience caused and thank the public for its continued cooperation. For further information, please visit the Ministry’s website at www.mowt.gov.tt or call the Programme for Upgrading Roads Efficiency (PURE) Unit at 638-2350/675-4052.
Download Public Notice