The Ministry of Works and Transport wishes to advise the public that there will be a temporary traffic disruption along the Eastern Main Road and the Priority Bus Route Link Road, Barataria. This is necessary in order to facilitate Bridge Reconstruction Works, which are expected to commence on Wednesday 7th April, 2021 and end on Tuesday 7th December, 2021 from 7:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Please Note: A Temporary Diversion (Bailey bridge) would be in effect for motorists.
In light of the above, motorists are advised to comply with the following:
- Proceed with caution and observe all directional signs and barriers.
- Comply with instructions from Police Officers on-site to facilitate a safe and orderly flow of traffic.
- Be aware of heavy equipment entering and exiting the site.
- Drive with caution on all milled (possibly uneven) surfaces.
- Motorists should drive at a reduced speed on approaching the work zone.
The Ministry of Works and Transport regrets any inconvenience caused and thanks the public for its continued cooperation. For further information, please visit the Ministry of Works and Transport’s website at www.mowt.gov.tt or call the Programme for Upgrading Roads Efficiency (P.U.R.E.) Unit at 638-2350/675-4052.
Download Public Notice