WALK IN SERVICE: A Walk-In Service is currently in effect for all Taxi Driver's Badge and Licence.
Senior Citizens wanting to conduct renewals or any driver's licence transactions can also make use of the Walk-In Service.
Persons’ interested in becoming a registered Taxi Operator must have a Taxi Driver’s Badge and License. Applicants must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age and the holder of a Class 3 Driver’s Permit for at least one (1) year and produce the following:
APPLICATION FOR TAXI- DRIVER'S BADGE AND LICENCE
THE FEES FOR THE APPLICATION OF A TAXI-DRIVER'S BADGE AND TAXI-DRIVER'S LICENCE ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- One valid form of identification (National Identification Card or Passport).
- A completed application Form No. 4.
- A valid proof of address (utility bill or a copy of the Lease/Rental Unit Agreement). The accepted forms demonstrating proof of address include a cable bill, home internet bill, electricity bill (T&TEC), OR water bill (WASA). If a customer does not have a utility bill in their name, he or she is required to produce a letter of authorization from the owner and a copy of their national identification.
- A Certificate of Character from the Commissioner of Police.
- Two (2) recent passport-sized photographs (no more than six (6) months) in green background.
- A valid Driver’s Permit showing proof of having driven for at least one (1) year.
- A completed Form No. 12 “Medical test for Driver’s Permit”.
|Application fee for Taxi Driver’s Badge and License
|Knowledge and Driving Test (An appointment for a driving test is scheduled at no cost upon passing the knowledge test)
|Certificate of Competence
|Taxi Badge and License
|Study Guide and Highway Code