The Ministry of Works and Transport wishes to advise the public that there will be a temporary traffic disruption
along the northbound and southbound lanes of the Solomon Hochoy Highway, from the Freeport Flyover,
21.3km mark to the Claxton Bay Flyover, 32.5km mark.
This is necessary in order to facilitate Verge edging and vegetation control around the cable barriers, along the median of the Highway. These works are expected to commence on Wednesday 27th April, 2022 and end on Wednesday 11th May, 2022. Works are scheduled between the hours of 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
In light of the above, motorists are advised to comply with the following:
• Proceed with caution and observe all directional signs and barriers.
• Comply with instructions from Police Officers on-site, to facilitate a safe and orderly flow of traffic.
• At least one (1) lane of traffic will remain open to motorists along the Solomon Hochoy Highway at all times.
• Motorists should drive at a reduced speed on approaching the work zone.
• Be aware of heavy equipment entering and exiting along the highway.
The Ministry of Works and Transport apologizes for any inconvenience caused and thanks the public for its cooperation. For further information, please visit the Ministry’s website at www.mowt.gov.tt or call Bridges
Branch, Highways Division at 625-1225.
Download Public Notice