What We Do
THE MECHANICAL SERVICES DIVISION IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
The Mechanical Services Division comprises two main Departments as follows:
- Maintenance of fixed and movable equipment and mechanical plants
- Provision of advisory services to Government agencies on the purchase, utilization, maintenance and disposal of vehicles, mechanical plants and equipment
- Management of the acquisition, allocation and disposal of vehicles, mechanical plants and equipment for all the core
The Maintenance Department is further subdivided into two (2) units: a workshop team and a field team. The Workshop team is charged with the responsibility of major overhauls to the assets while the Field team provides preventative maintenance services. Assigned to this department is a specialised Filed Team that provides maintenance services to Ministries.
Transport personnel are deployed per district, and are charged with the responsibility of monitoring the utilisation of all vehicles and equipped assigned to Division in the district.
MAJOR UNITS IN MECHANICAL DIVISION
Transport personnel, transport supervisors, transport foreman, drivers and heavy equipment operators) and maintenance personnel (Workshop Foremen, Mechanics and Greasers) are provided to highways, drainage and maintenance depots throughout the country to ensure the proper utilisation and maintenance of the Ministry’s mechanical assets.
- Mechanical Services Division, Head Office
- Mechanical Services Division, Guaico (Sub Unit)
- Mechanical Services Division, San Fernando (Sub Unit)