Who We Are
The Mechanical Services Division of the Ministry of Works and Transport has the core responsibilities of acquiring and maintaining vehicles, mechanical plants and equipment. The Division also supports the regional corporations by clearing river ways and other watercourses.
THE MECHANICAL SERVICES DIVISION COMPRISES THE FOLLOWING:
The Maintenance Department is further subdivided into two (2) units:
- The Workshop team is responsible for major overhauls to the assets
- The Field team provides preventative maintenance services to Ministries.
OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT (TRANSPORT)
Transport personnel are deployed to each district, and are charged with the responsibility of monitoring the use of all vehicles and equipment assigned to the Division in the district. Transport personnel, transport supervisors, transport foreman, drivers and heavy equipment operators) and maintenance personnel (Workshop Foremen, Mechanics and Greasers) are provided to highways, drainage and maintenance depots throughout the country to ensure the proper use and maintenance of the Ministry’s mechanical assets.
The Mechanical Services Division is responsible for the following:
- Maintenance of fixed and movable equipment and mechanical plants
- Provision of advisory services to Government agencies on the purchase, utilization, maintenance and disposal of vehicles, mechanical plants and equipment
- Management of the acquisition, allocation and disposal of vehicles, mechanical plants and equipment for all the core
MAJOR UNITS IN THE MECHANICAL DIVISION
- Mechanical Services Division, Head Office
- Mechanical Services Division, Guaico (Sub Unit)
- Mechanical Services Division, San Fernando (Sub Unit)